Thomas D. Jones, M.S.
Proprietor & Winemaker
Raised in Northern California, Tom graduated from University of California, Davis in the 1980s with a BS in Geology and a Master of Science degree in Enology & Viticulture. Tom was the founding winemaker for his family’s winery, Lava Cap Winery, in Placerville, California. For over thirty years, Tom has developed an approach to winemaking that blends science, art, and respect for the rich complexity of each grape varietal. Consistently sophisticated and well-structured, his wines have a bold and elegant style and have earned international acclaim.
Tom lives with his wife, Beth, near the winery. In his free time he enjoys exploring the remote regions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and playing golf.
- News (19)
- Article: The 8 Best Amador County Wineries To Visit
- San Francisco Chronicle Article: Why Amador County is a wine lover’s paradise
- Folsom Lake Entertainer Article: A Gem in Historic Gold Country
- Ledger Dispatch Article: Iron Hub Winery Opens New Tasting Room
- Mountain Democrat Article: Iron Hub Winery opens new tasting room