Hot August summers are when one finds oneself overrun from their vegetable garden with zucchini and tomatoes. Our featured recipe uses these vegetables in a new way and utilizes our Zinfandel, which complements these vegetables perfectly!
- 3 medium zucchini sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon of dried oregano or one tablespoon of fresh oregano, crushed
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup of Iron Hub Zinfandel
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese
Mix all the ingredients except for the cheese in a non-reactive bowl. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350˚. Prepare a small non-reactive casserole dish by spraying with a non-stick cooking spray. With a slotted spoon, place ½ the vegetable mixture into the casserole. Top this with ½ of the cheese. Spoon the remainder of the vegetables into the casserole and top with the remaining cheese. As the vegetables will give off their own juices you do not need to add the liquid from the mixture. The flavor of the Zinfandel has adhered to your vegetables. Cover the casserole and bake for one hour. Serve with rice for a lovely vegetarian dinner or with your summer time BBQ faire. Don’t forget to serve this with our Zinfandel!
- News (19)
- Article: The 8 Best Amador County Wineries To Visit
- San Francisco Chronicle Article: Why Amador County is a wine lover’s paradise
- Folsom Lake Entertainer Article: A Gem in Historic Gold Country
- Ledger Dispatch Article: Iron Hub Winery Opens New Tasting Room
- Mountain Democrat Article: Iron Hub Winery opens new tasting room