- 1 Bosc or Red D’Anjou Pear, ripe but firm
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (5 ounces) baby lettuce
- Shaved Parmigianino Reggiano or Asiago or Pecorino cheese
Core and slice the pear into thin wedges. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add baby lettuce and sliced pear. Serve shaved cheese on the side.
To make the salad a dinner salad, add some grilled or poached salmon, grilled chicken breast or sliced prosciutto.
Serve with Iron Hub Chardonnay.
- News (28)