- 2 8 oz. salmon filets (skin on)
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Canola oil
In a saucepan bring blueberries, balsamic, honey and lemon juice to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and crush some of the blueberries. Keep warm while cooking the salmon.
While sauce is cooking, lightly oil salmon on both sides. Salt & pepper salmon to taste. Grill or broil the salmon filet. When grilling salmon with the skin on, oil the grill lightly and place the salmon skin side down and do not turn it. Test for doneness with a fork looking for it to begin to get flaky – about 10 minutes.
Transfer salmon to plates (or serving plate) and drizzle with warm sauce. Serve with Iron Hub Syrah.
- News (19)
- Article: The 8 Best Amador County Wineries To Visit
- San Francisco Chronicle Article: Why Amador County is a wine lover’s paradise
- Folsom Lake Entertainer Article: A Gem in Historic Gold Country
- Ledger Dispatch Article: Iron Hub Winery Opens New Tasting Room
- Mountain Democrat Article: Iron Hub Winery opens new tasting room