“This recipe has robust flavors of olives, tomatoes, and rosemary. It works best if prepared in an iron skillet”
– Melinda Klescewski, Iron Hub Winery
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 (¾ pound) pork tenderloins 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped ½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chopped green olives ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
¼ cup dry white wine ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to hot skillet and brown on all sides.
- Mix the tomatoes, olives, wine, rosemary, and garlic in a bowl. Pour over the pork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet with pork in the pre-heated oven, and bake for 30 minutes. Meat should reach a medium internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork from skillet, leaving remaining tomato mixture and juices in skillet.
- Place the skillet over medium heat, and gradually mix in the cream. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking 5 minutes until thickened.
- Slice pork, drizzle with the cream sauce.
- Serve with Iron Hub 2013 Barbera.
Yield: 5-6 servings
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ready in 55 min
- News (22)