Sautéed Apple and Onions with Pork Chops
This recipe is quick and easy for weekday dinners. Enjoy with Iron Hub Sauvignon Blanc!
4 center-cut pork loin chops, at least 1 ½ inch thick
For the rub
1 tablespoon dried Sage
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 thinly sliced yellow onion
1 to 2 sliced green apples
½ cup Iron Hub Sauvignon Blanc
Make the rub in small bowl by combining sage, salt, and pepper. Rub the chops all over and let stand for up to 1 hour (or refrigerate overnight). Bring to room temperature before cooking.
In a large frying pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil and brown chops for about 2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to medium and cover pan. Cook until meat is lightly pick (4-5 minutes longer). Transfer to a platter and tent loosely with foil.
Pour off all but 1 T of the drippings from the pan. Add onion and apple and sauté until onion is translucent. Add wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits. Spoon the sautéed mixture onto plates. Place chop on top and drizzle with pan juices. Serve with brown rice and a glass of Iron Hub Sauvignon Blanc.
- News (19)
- Article: The 8 Best Amador County Wineries To Visit
- San Francisco Chronicle Article: Why Amador County is a wine lover’s paradise
- Folsom Lake Entertainer Article: A Gem in Historic Gold Country
- Ledger Dispatch Article: Iron Hub Winery Opens New Tasting Room
- Mountain Democrat Article: Iron Hub Winery opens new tasting room