- 1/2 pound Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 loaf French bread, cut or torn into 1-inch pieces
Dredge 1 pound shredded cheese thoroughly with 1 tablespoon flour. Bring 1 cup of white wine almost to boiling point in garlic rubbed cooking dish. Add cheese and stir with fork until melted. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Place a fondue pot in the middle of the table. Pour cheese mixture into the pot and place over a gentle heat source. Arrange bread on a platter and serve with the fondue for dipping. For other dippers, try apple slices, pretzels, new potatoes (boiled until tender), and steamed cauliflower and carrots. Enjoy with any Iron Hub wine; especially good with Chardonnay, or for Iron Hub red wine lovers, pair with our Grenache 2013 or our Clockspring Zinfandel 2013.
- News (19)
- Article: The 8 Best Amador County Wineries To Visit
- San Francisco Chronicle Article: Why Amador County is a wine lover’s paradise
- Folsom Lake Entertainer Article: A Gem in Historic Gold Country
- Ledger Dispatch Article: Iron Hub Winery Opens New Tasting Room
- Mountain Democrat Article: Iron Hub Winery opens new tasting room