Iron Hub Barbera Risotto with Mushrooms
As featured on KCRA 3 on September 27, 2016
3 ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
4 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup Iron Hub Barbera wine
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup medium-grain white rice
8 oz. thinly sliced mushrooms
¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
½ cup grated parmesan cheese and extra for garnish
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In sauce pan, bring broth to a simmer and keep it warm by covering with a top.
- In saucepan, heat 2 T olive oil and add onion and garlic and season with pepper and light shake of salt. Cook and stir frequently until soft. Add rice and stir for 1 minute. Add wine and stir until wine is absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of warm broth and stir frequently over medium heat. Stir until moisture absorbed. Continue adding the warm broth a little at a time until nearly all of the moisture is absorbed and all of the broth has been added.
- In a fry pan, heat 2 T olive oil. Add mushrooms. Stir for 8 minutes over medium high heat. Scrape mushrooms into your risotto and stir in the cheese and parsley.
- Garnish with sprinkle of parmesan and serve immediately with Iron Hub Barbera in your glass!
- News (19)
- Article: The 8 Best Amador County Wineries To Visit
- San Francisco Chronicle Article: Why Amador County is a wine lover’s paradise
- Folsom Lake Entertainer Article: A Gem in Historic Gold Country
- Ledger Dispatch Article: Iron Hub Winery Opens New Tasting Room
- Mountain Democrat Article: Iron Hub Winery opens new tasting room