At Iron Hub Winery, we believe that wine and food are natural mates. Whether you like to try different combinations, or find just the right dish to go with one of our wines, we think our wines are at their peak when enjoyed with a meal.
Friday Foodie Recipes 2020
- Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs paired with Zinfandel – January
- Frittata paired with Rosé – February
- Food Pairing with Zinfandel
Friday Foodie Recipes 2019
- Coq au Zinfandel paired with Zinfandel
- Brie en Croute (Baked Brie) paired with Rosé
- Roasted Tomato Brie Dip paired with Rosé
- Pasta Sauce paired with Sangiovese
- Spinach Risotto with Arugula and Roasted Tomatoes paired with Sangiovese
- Barbera Risotto with Mushrooms
- Beef Braised In Barbera Wine
- Salmon-Wrapped Zucchini with Chive Sauce paired with Chardonnay
- Summer Salad paired with Chardonnay
We have created pairing suggestions to match each of our wines:
- Sauvignon Blanc – Pair with wild mushroom soup, grilled chicken, baked fish, pasta or asparagus – especially sautéed in garlic.
- Rosé – Pair with spicy sauces or crisp, light salads.
- Chardonnay – Pair with white fish, crab and chicken – especially creamy, buttery sauces or cheese such as extra-aged Asiago.
- Semillon – Pair with asparagus, mushroom couscous, crab, scallops, and other seafood.
- Barbera – Pair with grilled mozzarella and prosciutto, flatbread with fresh tomato, basil and roasted garlic.
- Sangiovese – Pair with sausage and caramelized onions, pork chops with plum conserve, or Italian dishes.
- Grenache – Pair with any grilled shellfish as well as salami, sliced ham and other charcuterie. Use to make sangria.
- Clockspring Zinfandel – Pair with barbeque, burgers, pizzas or ratatouille.
- Esola Zinfandel – Pair with grilled lamb chops, spicy tomato pasta dishes or hearty roasts and stews.
- Old Vine Zinfandel – Pair with ribs, pork chops or roasted chicken.
- Resolute (Red Blend) – Pair with lamb shanks, beef stew, or hearty traditional Italian dishes.
- Syrah – Pair with robust, hearty foods—from black bean chili with pork, to buffalo sliders or rich beef stews.
And, we have created a series of recipes to match each wine. We invite you to explore each recipe and try our wine as suggested, we think your palate will agree:
- Beef Braised in Barbera Wine
- Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs
- Grilled Flank Steak with Shallots and Barbera
- Lamb and Bell Pepper Ragu
- Lamb Shanks Braised in Red Wine
- Meatball Crescent Bites
- Mustard-Glazed Lamb Chops with White Beans and Celery
- Salt and Pepper Ribeye Steak
- Vegetable Beef Barley Soup
- Zinfandel Merlot Marinade for Beef
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Preserves
- Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Spicy Pork Stew
- Pork Tenderloin a la Napoli
- Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Panini
- Sautéed Apple and Onions with Pork Chops
- Italian Sausage Sandwich with Caramelized Onions
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Crab Cake Appetizers, Perfected
- Ginger and Black Pepper Salmon Steaks
- Linguine with Shrimp
- Salmon with Blueberry Balsamic Sauce
- New! Basil & Chocolate Baked Brie
- Drunken Zinfandel Pasta
- Fettuccine in Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Herbed Chickpea Bruschetta
- Honey Brie Spread
- Iron Hub Barbera Risotto with Mushrooms
- Iron Hub Cheese Fondue
- Jalapeño Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Kale, Olives and Feta on Penne Pasta
- Kale Artichoke Spread
- Pasta with Ricotta, Herbs and Lemon
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage
- Smoked Gouda and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas
- Stuffed Grilled Poblano Peppers
- Zinfandel-Cranberry Compote
- Zinfandel Zucchini Tomato Casserole
Share your recipes:
If you create a recipe featuring our wines, we hope you would share it with our customers, please contact us at the winery. Send e-mail to [email protected].