Iron Hub Zinfandel Brownies
1 cup Iron Hub Zinfandel
10 ounces melted Ghirardelli 60% cocoa, dark chocolate squares
1 ½ cubes unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups sugar
1/8 cup flour
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
4 ounces Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate, double chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, simmer wine to reduce by half, measuring ½ cup.
- In a saucepan, melt together butter and chocolate squares, then in a mixer, beat together with sugar.
- With mixer on low, beat in eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to be incorporated.
- Beat at medium high for an additional five minutes or until mixture ha lightened in color.
- Fold in reduced wine and vanilla, then flour and chocolate chips.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Spread finished mixture in a buttered 8×8 square ceramic baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, rotating pan half way through bake time.
- Brownies are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out with a sticky crumb.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- News (27)